Suffering from back pain can be debilitating. Before you sign up for any type of back surgery, finding the right spine surgeon is very important.
RESEARCH YOUR NY SPINE SURGEON
One of the most important steps you should take before selecting a spine surgeon is researching each potential candidate. After all, your spine plays a significant role in your quality of life and any invasive procedure should be carefully reviewed. To do this, there are 5 specific means of evaluating a potential spine surgeon in NY.
- Read Reviews: Most doctors now use websites to help promote their services. Many of these types of sites encourage patients to leave reviews of their experiences with the back surgeon as well as their recovery. Reviews are often readily available on other sites as well. All it takes is a few simple words in the search bar and you should find hundreds of results.
- Talk to Physicians: Physicians should be able to provide professional opinions on back surgeons they feel will be best suited for our specific pains. After all, they are typically “in the know” when it comes to how well their other patients are doing after visiting any other type of surgeon or specialist.
- Talk to Other Patients: Other patients may be willing to speak with you regarding their procedure and recovery. This goes beyond a simple review left on a website. Other patients will be able to provide you with firsthand knowledge of how smoothly their back surgery went, how well the staff treated them, as well as the demeanor of the spinal surgeon themselves.
- Check On Their Training: Often contained in their “About Me” section, training and certifications help to verify qualification. This section should also provide an idea of how long a potential spine surgeon has been practicing.
- Schedule a Consultation: Meeting with a potential back surgeon is another valuable tool.
Spine surgery is an invasive procedure that should only be performed as a last resort. A reputable spinal surgeon, like Dr. Paul Brisson, will fully evaluate your condition before recommending any type of surgery. In fact, they may even recommend other types of back pain treatments, such as exercise or stretching, to see if a more natural solution may be found prior to any type of invasive procedure. During your consultation, do not be shy if you have questions. Want to know how often they have performed this same surgery? Ask!
HOW CAN DR. PAUL BRISSON HELP YOU?
Dr. Paul Brisson is the best spine surgeon in NY. With years of experience and a strong desire to help you improve your quality of life, he and his staff do their best to help ease your back pain. If you would like to know more about spinal surgery with NY Spine Care, contact us today!